Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2013

Collection of Sports Injuries Quotes

I have put together a collection of quotations to give other athletes a better perspective. All of these quotes come from either professional athletes or people who have been around sports a lot. I think these quotes are important because they really give a good summary of what I am trying to convey with my project. They also give motivation for athletes to follow through with rehab or even just telling someone about their injury instead of hiding it.

Sports do not build character, they reveal it.
John Wooden

Sports is like war without the killing.
Ted Turner

Injuries are nothing to be ashamed about.
Billy Crogan

Injuries obviously change the way you approach the game.
Brett Favre

The more injuries you get, the smarter you get.
Mikhail Baryshnikov

Your body actually reminds you about your age and your injuries - the body has a stronger memory than your mind.
Thomas Fuller

Any injuries and deaths can be prevented through an understanding.
Richard Neal

As many know, brain injury comes in many forms. The two most prevalent brain injuries - stroke and trauma - affect more than 2.2 million Americans, and these numbers are expected to grow.
Allyson Schwartz


But the equipment to protect the players hasn't developed along with that, so now you have more players out with worse injuries, for longer periods of time.
Leigh Steinberg


We were going to have to experiment, and we needed to develop our younger players. And a lot of the changes were because of injuries. But that's where I give a lot of credit to the group in terms of being able to maintain things.
Isaiah Thomas


When you're young, you don't think very far ahead. You just think in terms of the next day, the next week, the next competition. You don't think about injuries that could threaten your long-term health.
Katarina Witt


Coaches aren't concentrating enough of the technical part of this game and that could lead to injuries.
Troy Vincent


Injuries are part of the game, but sometimes we can avoid them by just practicing our techniques.
Troy Vincent


Work hard. And have patience. Because no matter who you are, you're going to get hurt in your career and you have to be patient to get through the injuries.
Randy Johnson


I don't want people losing respect for me as a player. I want to go out in every game and perform to the highest level. I have no retirement plans. I've had a lot of injuries but I want to continue playing.
Robbie Fowler


The thing about getting older is the injuries. You just get injured more often. You take time off, you come back, you get injured again and you never get in shape.
Allen Johnson


I never want to let my teammates or coaches down, so I always fight through the days when I am exhausted or experiencing discomfort with injuries and headaches.
Christie Rampone

(Message/CTA)

2 comments:

  1. I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information for all,.. regenerative orthopedics

    ReplyDelete